Aristotle, Degas, Edgar Degas, encouragement for artists, famous artist quotes, Henri Matisse, inspiration for artists, inspire me, Jackson Pollock, James McNeille Whistler, jessica libor, motivate me, motivation, Nocturne in Black and Gold: The Falling Rocket by Whistler, Piet Mondrian, Socrates, top inspirational quotes for artists, top ten quotes for artists, vision for artists, Whistler art
I thought we could take a break from the technicality of the last few posts to step back and be filled with inspiration. These are some of my favorite quotes that get me going when I’m feeling sluggish about my work. I hope you enjoy them and that they inspire you as well!
1. Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. –Edgar Degas
2. Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. –Salvador Dali
3. Creativity takes courage. –Henri Matisse
4. The position of the artist is humble. He is essentially a channel. –Piet Mondrian
5. To be an artist is to believe in life. –Henry Moore
6. Every good painter paints what he is. –Jackson Pollock
7. An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision. –James McNeill Whistler
8. The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery. –Francis Bacon
9. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. –Aristotle
10. The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. –Socrates
Discover your artistic style!
Hey fellow artists! I've written a 2 week course for you, completely free, because I want to share with you what's worked for me! Let's take your art to the next level 🙂